Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shopping for the Nursery

Here is Miki being all cute....
not tiny anymore to fit in the bag :)

And here is me at 20 weeks...trying desperately to click a decent phone pic :)
 Oh well I tried!
 
For a while we have been on the lookout for a couple of furniture pieces for the Nursery
including a recliner and a dresser.

We found an awesome rocker/recliner on sale at Lazy-e-boy
looks like one of these but with a tan microfiber fabric...
unfortunately we didn't take a pic of it or know what it's name was :/

But you get the idea right :)
Still have to purchase it but at least we know what we want when we are ready.

And we had been searching craigslist for a good wooded dresser
that could also double as a changing table
and look what we found a matching dresser & nightstand that will work just great
plenty of drawers for all the little baby stuff
getting it home was a challenge in its self!
that's right it looks really vintage but not for long...

I plan to refinish them with some awesome contemporary colors & designs
can't wait :)
for now they sit in the garage.

On another exciting note I found out this week that 
I can take 12 weeks! off from work after the baby comes
double!!! the time I initially thought I could get
Woohooo to that!

We have been finding a lot of good second hand baby stuff
we already have a bath tub, a front baby carrier and even a fleece cover that goes
over the baby carrier in the winter. 
And all at really good prices!

We are super excited for the weekend
there is a large mom to mom sale (200 sellers) that we plan on attending
and buying a lot of baby stuff for cheap!
Will let you know how it goes :)
aka. how much we spend and how much that gets us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you...comments/questions/suggestions/whatever.
If you do not have a Google account you can use the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and leave the URL blank.