Sunday, May 20, 2012

Refinishing the dresser

Here is the dresser we found for the baby's room
and it came with a matching nightstand
all at a really good price
so now the work is on to make it look contemporary :)

 So we sanded it all down a bit just to get the sheen off the old paint


 Had to hand stuff where the sander wouldn't fit :/
 
 Then wiped down everything with TSP
 
 All clean and let to dry
 Today while Grant was traveling for work
I decided to start spray painting
with this new sprayer we bought
 I got my paint work area set up
 I did practice using the sprayer before I started on the dresser
was not too difficult to use
 Here they are after the 1st coat of primer

 And here after the second coat of primer :)

Next some more sanding and then maybe a couple more coats of paint

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you...comments/questions/suggestions/whatever.
If you do not have a Google account you can use the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and leave the URL blank.