Here is baby Z watching dad mow the lawn
first of many times I am sure
...yaaaaay for spring!

We finally got started on the vegetable garden
after last year's failed attempts
I decided to not bother starting the seeds indoors and
decided to sow the seeds directly outside
I am probably too late anyways
Oh well...better late than never!
First the two shallow flower boxes that we bought
needed to be stacked.
In order to do that we have to take a bottom off of one of the boxes.

Before deciding on where to place them
we covered the bottoms with wire mesh to prevent any underground intruders


Then we ordered a bunch of organic dirt...
While the cats just lazed around...
Baby Z was not very happy about having to wear her hat
and she has learned that throwing things and then reaching to get them is fun!

A couple more bags of compost and we were done with the soil

Then I painstakingly added irrigation to my beds
and then added some lettuce, green onion, tomato, carrots, chillies, peppers and cucumbers :)

Now we will just have to wait and see
Hopefully something will grow :)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you...comments/questions/suggestions/whatever.
If you do not have a Google account you can use the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and leave the URL blank.