Friday, March 29, 2013

Hello 2013! We are back :)

Okay so it's been a while since I last blogged. So much has happened since September 2012...

Baby Z is 6mths! old. And she is getting increasingly mobile with each passing day.
 
Last Saturday we started solids. We went grocery shopping for healthy grains and used our awesome baby bullet (Thank you Aunt Vickie). We started with some brown rice...the bullet worked pretty well with milling the rice. Oh and baby Z loved the gruel mixed with some BM! I will continue to write updates as we try new foods.
 


 BM=Breast milk....yaay 6 mths of ebf (exclusive breast feeding) while working full time for 3 of those months. Looking forward to another 6 mths...wish me Luck!

The weather seems to be getting a lot better a.k.a. warmer :) Hopefully I don't jinx it. The mom to mom sales have already started...the last three Saturday mornings that's where we have been hanging...yeah Grant just looks forward (NOT) to getting up early Saturday to go shopping for a couple of hours!

I absolutely love headbands...for Baby Z. And they come in such cute colors and flowers, been going crazy lately buying from some lady who makes and sells these out of her home as well as off of Etsy. I would love to make them myself...I know exactly how to and where to get the supplies and it would be a lot cheaper...but unfortunately I do not have the time. Sigh....someday maybe :)
 
 Taking about no time - our weekend cooking and freezing for the month is working out pretty well actually. We no longer cook during the work week, just take out a portion size frozen meal, heat and eat. Love it! Our chest freezer is FULL...something we didn't imagine we could do.
 
I am so glad spring is around the corner can't wait to get started with some home organizational and renovation projects we have planned. Will get more into it that soon.

3 comments:

  1. Red lentils+Brown rice+carrots was one of Isaac's favorite meals :) good to see an update from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh you won't need luck to BF the next 6.... you're a great mommy and you'll make it happen :) What's the site for the headbands on Etsy? I heart headbands for babies!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you...comments/questions/suggestions/whatever.
If you do not have a Google account you can use the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and leave the URL blank.