Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Having a fishy time!


                                                            Wiki knows what's up :D

This past weekend we discovered a new grocery store called Fresh Market yaaaah! It's a little upscale, in line with maybe the Lunds & Byerly's of Minnesota. They have a really nice very fresh produce section, the best we have seen in the area so far. Plan to go there more often for sure.


 Since my dear husband is in Phoenix Arizona for a three day conference, I decided to go grocery/fish shopping. Grant has never eaten fish Indian style which would explain why he doesn't like fish ;) ...so I never get to eat fish anymore because its just not fun to buy and cook for one. Today I ended up buying two types of jumbo shrimps : domestic and brown gulf variety, not sure what either taste like :) (I am sure it will taste great it's shrimp after-all!) and some fresh Tilapia fillets among other thing. Will let you know how it turns out once I am done.    

After peeling and deveining the shrimp.......
                                                                      

  

 


Both varieties of shrimp went into a delicious coconut shrimp curry, could not tell the difference. All in all a really good recipe and a very satisfying meal....yummy!

2 comments:

  1. oh Zara that looks soooo amazing and tasty. I wish I could eat my computer screen lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It really tasted pretty good. Maybe at our next get together we can eat some shrimp curry and rice :)
    Let me know how the search for a meat shop goes.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you...comments/questions/suggestions/whatever.
If you do not have a Google account you can use the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and leave the URL blank.