So here is what we have been up to :)
Yes we got Wiki a little buddy :D
We got him at the animal rescue center...there were sooo many kittens
...so sad :(
I tried to click some pics but he loves the lens too much!
He is such a cutie...
We don't have a name for him yet...
I wanted to call him Mittens cause he has white socks on all paws!
Grant thinks it is too girly...maybe we will call him Boots ;)
so yaaay he is nameless for the time being :)
Wiki is still getting used to him so for now the new member resides in the Master bedroom
with occasional wondering time around the house.
You will be happy to know we have finally started on the shed for the yard
we found a company that will provide us with a trailor with wet cement mix
at a reasonable price
So we started to build the base for the cement.
bought some pea gravel...
Then we needed a more heavy duty wheel barrow
that we can use to move the cement as well as move the stuff we have to dig out.
Here is Grant stacking the 50lb bags under the deck with the shed...
Then we also marked out the spot in the yard for the foundation
Then killed all the grass in that area...
This is what it looks like now...
Next we have to dig it out at a slight inclination
put in the gravel level it out
build a frame and pour in the concrete!
We also got a couple of other things taken care of outside...
So the crazy previous owners decided to plant a blackberry tree
by the side of the house...why in the world would someone put a tree up against the house!
We can just see that becoming a problem
We need to get it out before its roots creates a problem with our foundation
And right now it has grown wild with all the rain we have been getting...
So I took out clippers and went to work
TADAAAA :) I just love saying that word!
Grant came to help clean up the big pile of clippings
For now the thick bark is still there.
Mission - Kill tree in progress.
Oh and then remember that little lilac bush that we forgot to plant
I finally did!
Sorry I only remembered to take a pic once it got dark :)
Inside...
we got the mirror in the 1/2 bath finally up...
I thought you would like to see how our front yard landscaping is looking :)
Here is what it looked like before...
Here it is now
It is flourishing and growing wild!
Take a closer look...
I have no idea what this tall plant is to the front right
it looks like CORN!!!! :)
Ohhh and we have some blooms
even the hydrangea bush has some flowers
I am excited to announce that Grant finally likes a vegetable...
Yup broccoli Brussels sprout (I kept thinking Brussel but typed Broccoli...my bad)
...and all it took was a different way of cutting it
...and all it took was a different way of cutting it
Grant made some turkey cutlets while I made the broccoli Brussels sprout
It took me a while (I mean 15mins) to shred the lb of cored broccoli Brussels sprout
Done...finally!
Cooked it with some olive oil, salt and pepper then stirred in some butter
Here it is with the baked BBQ flavored cutlets.
Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear from you...comments/questions/suggestions/whatever.
If you do not have a Google account you can use the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and leave the URL blank.